Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Some of Gwen's recent projects

Here are some of my more recent completed projects. Members, please contribute your own photos - email them to me at gfvernham@gmail.com.



This one I call the Starburst doily, cannot remember where the pattern came from - probably from one of those Leisure Arts leaflets Zellers sells.


Hexagonal Crocheted Lace Tablecloth, 39" diameter point to point. It is made of many individual motifs that I crocheted and put together during the long bus rides to and from work at Syncrude in Fort McMurray.





"Delightful Nosegay" doily, which I gave as a hostess gift to a friend in Fort McMurray. The pattern is from the now out-of-print magazine "Crochet Fantasy". The Japanese designers always had the best patterns! I collect issues of this magazine, and also of Decorative Crochet. I also collect vintage crochet and knitted lace patterns.




A pair of socks I made for my sister. The pattern is from one of my many Regia pattern books. The cuffs are ribbed with baby cables.





My daughter at about 11 months old, wearing a knit hooded poncho I made for her. This is an older Pingouin pattern.








Front view of the "Devan" cardigan I made for my daughter Amelia from sock yarn. You can find this pattern at Knitty.com.







Back view of the Devan cardigan, with intarsia balloon. This sweater is now having a second life with my new nephew Jacob. Sock yarn (Regia 75% wool, 25% nylon) lasts forever!














No comments: